Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rising anew

Sunday July 22 I was baptized for the first time on the beaches of Far Rockaway. I know Im making it seem more fab than it really is but the fab part about it is my baptism. I never knew the underlying meaning of getting baptized until Sunday. A good friend explained how a baptism is similar to the death and revival of jesus Christ. The difference is you die in spirit and then reborn with God and without the haunting sins of your past.

As I walked into the water I could feel the waves crashing against my body and as the prayer began the waves got stronger and stronger. The next thing I know I hear the birds singing, the wind blowing and laughter then I am submerge under water. I could feel the water engulfing ever inch of my body. As I rose from the water I inhaled and I could breath so clearly. I felt cleansed and released from all of my burdens.

Sunday was an amazing day, God had the day set out for me and I thank him for it because today and everyday from now on will be a day I live and love with God by my side.

Live love and praise!!!
Christian Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment